AHEAD, a national centre for inclusive education is looking for an Executive Director to lead the organisation.
AHEAD is an NGO with a strong track record of creating inclusive learning environments in education and employment so that students with disabilities can succeed. The purpose of the role is to lead the organisation and ensure that the team is focused on delivering on its mission and achieving its strategic goals.
About this role:
Have a recognised third level qualification, e.g. Degree and Masters level. Have a least three years’ experience in a senior role within an educational environment.
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social justice issues and of the third level sector and how students with disabilities are supported within it.
- Have a deep understanding of national strategy in higher and further education in relation to access and disability.
- Demonstrate an ability in project management, communication and in managing budgets and allocating resources.
- Have a knowledge of governance in H&S, Data Protection and Company Law and to operate at Board level.
- Have a successful track record in building and maintaining collaborative partnerships with key external and internal stakeholders within education, Government at a national and local level.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership to strengthen relationships with the membership and staff of AHEAD
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and ability to communicate the message of inclusion both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an understanding of running a small organisation.