We are the leading cancer research trials organisation in Ireland.
Our vision is for patients with cancer to have the opportunity to participate in potentially life enhancing cancer trials, and for Ireland to be a highly attractive location to open cancer trials.
Our mission is to discover new diagnostics and treatments that will extend and enhance the lives of millions of people who are diagnosed with cancer each year.
We work with the foremost Medical, Surgical and Radiation Oncologists, as well as Haematologists and Research Specialists (Oncology Research Nurses, Translational Scientists, Data Managers, Pharmacists and staff) in Ireland. 98% of all cancer treating specialists in Ireland are members of Cancer Trials Ireland.
We enable, support and oversee the running of over 100 trials involving thousands of patients.
In addition, our members had many articles published in peer reviewed journals, abstracts published and addressed some of the most highly regarded international cancer conferences.
Since we were established in 1996, more than 15,000 patients have participated in over 350 cancer trials.
We are a not-for-profit registered charity.
About this role:
- Support the delivery of Cancer Trials Ireland’s objectives.
- Develop and maintain the Company Website
- Manage the content and production of literature and information materials
- Brand Management for all communications
- Attending events as required
- Develop, edit and manage internal newsletters.
- Assist in the planning of key internal events, workshops and conferences.
- Proactively identify and initiate media relations which raise the profile of cancer trials and reflect the organisation’s strategic objectives and values.
- Manage and publish relevant Twitter posts reflect well on the organisation, its tone and the cancer trials community.
- Liaise with key stakeholders as required.
- Undertake research relevant to the communications functions.
- Provide communications advice to the leadership team as required.
- Adhoc duties the CEO may decide from time to time.
This role may suit a graduate who is interested in a career in communications and marketing. While the role is principally entry level, it will provide a great opportunity to gain a good grounding in the work of a professional services environment.