Blossom Ireland is an award-winning organisation providing life skills programmes and out of school activities and services for teenagers with special needs. We are passionate about giving our young people with special needs the choices they deserve. Our work has been recognised by Social Entrepreneurs Ireland, the Ireland Funds and Trinity College Dublin to name but a few. We are now looking for Teen Development Programme Facilitators to work alongside students completing the Blossom Teen Development Programme.
We pride ourselves on our person-centred approach, unique training opportunities, fantastic support and we offer an Employee Assistance Programme and even paid lunch when working a full day!
About this role:
Blossom Teen Development Facilitators are responsible for students completing the Blossom Teen Development Programme. The following role description is an overview of the tasks required, but are not strictly limited to this:
- Meeting and greeting students on arrival weekly.
- Facilitating sessions and assisting in the development of lesson plans.
- Being aware of any additional supports that are required i.e. communication devices, sensory accommodations and any other accommodations that need to be made when out in the community.
- Attend any parent meetings as scheduled with the Educational Programme Coordinator.
- Highlight any issues related to learning, health or emotional wellbeing that come up during the course of the programme.
- Advocate for Key students when required during the course of the programme.
- Assisting students in setting up visual schedules on their ipads or ipods.
- Accurately update student’s data tracking learning progress.
- Make weekly contact with parents to update on their teen’s progress.