We are the leading cancer research trials organisation in Ireland.
Our vision is for patients with cancer to have the opportunity to participate in potentially life enhancing cancer trials, and for Ireland to be a highly attractive location to open cancer trials.
Our mission is to discover new diagnostics and treatments that will extend and enhance the lives of millions of people who are diagnosed with cancer each year.
We work with the foremost Medical, Surgical and Radiation Oncologists, as well as Haematologists and Research Specialists (Oncology Research Nurses, Translational Scientists, Data Managers, Pharmacists and staff) in Ireland. 98% of all cancer treating specialists in Ireland are members of Cancer Trials Ireland.
We enable, support and oversee the running of over 100 trials involving thousands of patients.
In addition, our members had many articles published in peer reviewed journals, abstracts published and addressed some of the most highly regarded international cancer conferences.
Since we were established in 1996, more than 15,000 patients have participated in over 350 cancer trials.
We are a not-for-profit registered charity.
About this role:
- Head of operational strategies for clinical programs and functions through appropriate leadership, direction and expertise
- Deliver operational strategies to the functions of Clinical, Biometrics, and Pharmacovigilance and align with Cancer Trials Ireland’s Mission and Strategy
- Working alongside the CEO and Leadership Team, contribute to policy development, strategic planning and business development of Cancer Trials Ireland
- Lead and oversee the effective development, implementation and execution of clinical programs within agreed timelines, resources and budget
- Build and foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as Chief Investigators, internal committees, industry partners, funders, investigator/site research team members
- Preparation of funding applications and periodic reports to funders
- Provide and present ongoing operational plans and status reports to the CEO, Clinical Executive and Board as required
- Oversight of the operation of committees with responsibility for the scientific direction of the clinical program, the medical oversight of the study portfolio, and representation of the investigator/site network
- Represent the company at national and international meetings and conferences
- Line management of Project Managers and Heads of Departments with responsibility for study management
- Identify program risks and develop and implement mitigation strategies
- Foster a quality and compliance culture. Ensure employees are appropriately trained and comply with Cancer Trials Ireland policies, SOPs and applicable regulatory requirements and quality standards
- Approve relevant company SOPs
- Create a positive work environment by encouraging mutual respect and accountability
- Attend training programs and conferences, as required